Canadian superstar Celine Dion announced on Friday the postponement of the European concert dates of her “Courage World Tour” to 2023, citing a persistent health problem.
“I feel a little better… but I still have spasms,” Dion explained in a press release, updating fans on the severe involuntary muscle contractions she began experiencing late last year.
“I am very sorry to have to change the dates of the European tour again, the first time it was because of the pandemic, now it is for my health,” said the 54-year-old singer.
“To be on stage, I have to be at the top of my game. To be honest, I can’t wait, but I’m not ready yet… I’m doing everything I can to get back 100 percent to go on stage, because that’s what you deserve.”
The Grammy Award winner’s tour is her first without her husband and manager Rene Angelil, who died of cancer in 2016.
Dion had given the first 52 shows of the global itinerary before the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, in early 2020. In January, he announced that he was canceling the North American leg due to health problems.
Speaking directly to fans in an online video, he thanked them for their understanding and support, his voice shaking with emotion.
“The good news is that I’m a little better, but (his recovery) is going very slowly and it’s very frustrating for me,” she said with a sigh and teary eyes.
“I appreciate your loyalty,” he added… AFP